19.12.08

STEPHEN JONES by COMME des GARÇONS


The latest COMME des GARÇONS PERFUME is for miliner STEPHEN JONES.

Scent...."a violet that hits a meteorite"


“I’ve always wanted to create a fragrance,” says Stephen Jones. “But there is no-one with whom I would rather be sharing the challenges of this project. I’ve always loved Comme des Garçons fragrances – in fact, I think I may have been the very first person in England to buy one. And my respect for Rei knows no bounds. Her insistent and undiminished determination to make us all look at things in a new way identifies her as the most important designer of our times. Her single-mindedness and strength of character are a constant source of inspiration to me.”

“Stephen is a true original who not only has a vision but knows how to realise it. His perfume will be as creative as his hats”
REI KAWAKUBO

“No doubt the perfume business will not be the same again once Mr. Jones enters it with his wondrous concoction. I am proud to have had the chance to help produce his first fragrance”
ADRIAN JOFFE

“Millinery, I think, is closer to fragrance than fashion. A hat, like a perfume, is an evocation of something nebulous, ephemeral, and other-wordly.”
STEPHEN JONES



No comments: