6.9.09

MNEMOSYNE VIDEO FOR DAPHNE PERFUME

"…it is something of a sensory path, evoking snapshots of one's past as you smell it. It has the power to transport you from the room in which you stand, to a place buried within the depths of your memory. I wanted to demonstrate that scent can take you on a journey.

In making this film I wanted to avoid any element of exclusivity. I believe that ideas are free. That in order to engage with an idea, you should share it. The prospect of strangers stumbling across my film online and perhaps passing it on, is gratifying. I'm not a commercial person.
It is the creative process that fascinates me.

This is not an advertisement for the perfume, it is a film inspired by the essence of scent."

-Daphne Guinness



Directed by Daphne Guinness and David Parker

No comments: